Saturday 26 March 2011

Magpie Tendancies











I must have been a magpie in a former life, I can never resist sparkling, metallic trinkets and treasures! I told myself that I was only going for a walk today, but knew I would somehow find myself at a street market where one of my favourite haberdashers sometimes has a stall. As luck would have it he was there, and here is a selection of the booty...

There are some amazing reels of gold and silver threads dating to about 1916, so almost 100 years old, am
and some 50s woven metal lamé ribbons. I also picked up some very dainty gold ric-rac braids and other misc shiny bits & bobs. I am sure some of it will slowly filter onto the website and into the ebay shop, but for the time being I am simply going to arrange it beautifully on a shelf and admire it!

No comments:

Post a Comment