Tuesday 26 July 2011

A Magpie or possibly a Dragon's Hoard














Those of you who often visit this page will be aware of my haberdashery habit, or fixation with threads, especially of the vantage glittery variety! I staggered home under the weight of quite a few kilograms of booty last weekend, all vintage or antique French threads and braids, ranging from the 1960s right back to about 1916, so some are almost 100 years old!

Where does it all come from? Well, I have been lucky enough to get to know a dealer who cleared an old French factory; he started off a few years ago with a large lock-up stacked full of it all, but now there isn't too mach left, so I greedily grab a bit more whenever I see it... And yes, I do sell it from time to time, but not too much... It is 'My Precious'...

www.morgaine-le-fay.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment