Monday 7 March 2011

A beautiful Butterfly Blotter and other lovely things












I brought some embroidery & fabrics back with me from my trip to Lewes today, some from my cabinet in Cliffe Antiques Centre, and some newly acquired from Emporium Antiques Centre. The sun was shining and Michelle was dressing the window with everything floral: delicate porcelain pieces covered in blooms, bright & blousy vintage printed shawls, an incredible Victorian scrapbook bursting with florals, daffodil-decorated platters and vases and plenty more, a riot of colour and pattern. I was enjoying it so much that I forgot to take any photos, so sorry about that, I shall try to remember on my next visit, hopefully over the next weekend!

My favourite purchase today was this beautiful velvet desk blotter with Chinese silk panels on the front, these look as if they were once sleeve bands that were used to make this lovely piece of desk furniture. There is another 19th century fabric-covered box, a scrap of Swedish embroidery that would look lovely incorporated into a bag or cushion etc and a tiny Victorian pelmet that has been cut down from something larger, but perfect for the tiniest cottage window! Lastly, plenty of pretty 19th century French floral cottons and linens perfect for some Spring projects.

www.morgaine-le-fay.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment