Monday 9 February 2009

Some textiles bought yesterday, and two treats for my home!






I had a very good outing today, and found plenty of pretty textiles, one of my French sellers was having a clear out, so I stocked up on vintage cottons, and found some rather nice silky pieces. I bought some more metal braid, gold, silver and bronze. I really can't resist, I'm a bit of a magpie.

Unfortunately for my bank balance, I succumbed to temptation, and treated myself to 2 wonderful items, an Art Nouveau lamp, and a large, heavy Victorian terracotta bust. They look fantastic in my home, but the guilt of having spent a wee bit too much on myself is starting to set in!

I will be listing quite a lot of things on ebay over the next few days (ebay shop Morgaine Le Fay Antique Textiles) to try to make up for over-spending, for example, I found some really great vintage Liberty curtains in perfect Spring colours, some pretty French crocheted shelf trims from the 1920s, and plenty more. Why not take a look, you may see something that takes your fancy!

3 comments:

  1. She's beautiful Lois. I can see why you had to succumb.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel less guilty now... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't had time to look properly, (I am devoting tonight to do that!) but that bust is just DIVINE and would look better in my house!!!

    ReplyDelete