Monday 23 March 2009

Happy Mother's Day






Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all had a wonderful day, the weather here was glorious, Spring flowers blooming in all their glory, deep bue skies and warm sunshine, even if it was still a bit nippy in the shade.
I was presented with organic smoked salmon croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice by my daughter for breakfast, my favourite, I could eat that every day! My presents were fab and very thoughtful, lovely little bottles and jars of organic luxuries, and the DVD of the recent BBC series 'Victorian Farm', I had so enjoyed watching it, as I am very interested in cultural or domestic history. However, my favourite thing of all was the hand-made collage Morgaine made from cut-outs from Country Living and printed photos of our mad cat Chya! What a lucky mum I am.

We got to begin the gardening this week, the weather has been so good all week, we have achieved a lot in a short space of time. 2 beds are ready to plant, 2 more have been roughly dug, and the last one half done, a lot of the brambles left over from Autumn's blackberry crop have been cut back, still plenty to do though, but a wee bit of work everyday should keep it under control, and get it planted up with lots of lovely vegetables! I will probably plant some of my pototoes soon, I have been chitting them for a while now on the windowsill, and the 'Desires' look ready to go, but I will have to wait a while for the shoots on the 'Pink fir Apples' to grow a little longer. I will risk some salad soon under cloches made from recycled plastic bottles, this is usually adequate to protect the seedlings from frost here in the south of England. I always love the spring, when we can begin to rely on the garden for our salad greens rather than the farmers market!

No comments:

Post a Comment